Hima Das biography was born 9 January 2000, Assam in India. She is also known by her nicknamed the “Dhing Express”. Hima Das is an Indian sprint runner from the state of Assam. At the 2018 Asian Games in Jakarta, Indonesia, Hima Das holds the current Indian National record in 400 metres with a timing of 50.79 seconds. At the IAAF World U20 Championships, she became the first Indian athlete to win a gold medal in a track event.
Born: 9 January 2000 Kandhulimari, Assam(India)
Parents: Father – Ronjit
Mother – Sonali Das
Hima Das was born on 9 January 2000 at Kandhulimari village, near the town of Dhing, Assam in India. Her father Ronjit and mother Sonali Das were professional farmer’s. She studied from the Dhing Public high School. Hima interested playing football with boys and she wanted to become a professional footballer. In any case, she didn’t perceive any prospects for herself in ladies’ football in India. Later counsel from a school physical training teacher, Shamsul Hoque, she changed to Sprint running.In May 2019, Hima Das Passed her 12th class exam from Assam Higher Secondary Education Council.
- Hima Das awarded by Arjuna Award by the President Of India on 25 September 2018.
- UNICEF India appointed as the India’s first Youth Ambassador on 14 November 2018.
- Government of Assam appointed her as a brand ambassador for Sports.
Recently she won 5 gold medal in Sprint running from following events:-
- In Poland on 2 July 2019, Hima Das won 200m Gold in Poznan Athletics Grand Prix, with a time of 23.65 sec.
- After that on 7 July 2019, Hima Das won 200m gold at the “Kutno Athletics Meet”, in Poland with a time of 23.97 sec.
- In Czech Republic on 13 July 2019, Hima Das won 200m gold at the Kladno Athletics Meet with a time of 23.43 seconds in the same year.
- Hima Das also won the gold medal in the 200m race at the Tabor Athletics Meet, with a time of 23.25 seconds in the Czech Republic on 17 July 2019.
- She won her fifth gold medal in 400-meter race with recording 52.09 seconds in Nove Mesto, Czech Republic on 20 July 2019.